The double sided wool buff should be used with an automotive polisher.Different compounds, polishes and waxes can be applied to both sides of the buffand then flipped around when needed. This saves time without the need ofchanging to another buff.
It is necessary to polish a vehicle body panel when:
- The panel has been newly painted with a clear-coat.
- Shallow scratch marks need to be removed.
- The panel has suffered from oxidation.
- Swirl marks and hologram defects need to be removed.
The buff is washable after use if the compound is soluble.
Double sided wool buff range:
|MM DS7-2||Ø180mm||5/8 UNC|
|MM DS9-2||Ø230mm||5/8 UNC|
Adaptors to convert or lenghten the polisher's thread:
|ORDER NO.||MALE THREAD||FEMALE THREAD|
|SPC00055||5/8 UNC||5/8 UNC|
Recommended polishing compounds to use:
- Liquid Shine™High cut - Features a silicone, wax and filler free polishingcompound to give a high gloss finish on fresh or cured paint. It is capableof removing P1500 grit sanding marks. It can be used on automotive paints,marine gel-coats and on composite surfaces.
- Liquid Shine™Fine cut - similar to the High cut polishing compound, but itis designed for use on a ceramic and scratch resistant clear-coat. It iscapable of removing P2000 scratch marks.
- Liquid Shine™Zero swirl - Very low abrasive for the final step of polishing.Removes holograms and swirl marks. Use a soft compounding sponge as a finalstep